Ahhh…. warm, fluffy popovers. Has there ever been a better excuse to eat butter?
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 large egg, room temperature
1 cup milk, room temperature
or 1 tablespoon butter, melted
2 tablespoons butter, cut in 6 pieces
- Spray popover pans with Pam. Preheat oven to 425 and set the rack in middle of the oven. Preheat popover pan in oven about 2 minutes.
- Blend flour, salt, eggs, milk, and melted butter until mixture is the consistency of heavy cream, about 1-2 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Place 1 small piece of the cut-up butter in each preheated cup, and place the pan back in the oven until butter is bubbly, about 1 minute.
- Fill each cup half-way with batter and bake 20 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 325 degrees and continue baking 15-20 minutes more. Serve immediately with softened butter.
Popovers pop up better if all the ingredients are at room temperature before cooking. So take your eggs and 1 cup of milk out of the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before you get ready to make your popovers.