Tandoori Spiced Halibut Fillets with Cucumber and Yogurt Salad
- 1 TB Signature Spices Tandoori spice
- 4 halibut fillets, 1 inch thick
- Extra-virgin olive oil
For the Salad
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 TB finely shredded carrot
- 2 TB finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
For the Garlic Butter
- 2 TB butter
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Rub the halibut fillets on all sides with Signature Spices Tandoori spice.
- Lightly brush or spray both sides of the halibut fillets with olive oil.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or almost up to 2 hours.
- To prepare the salad: In a medium bowl combine the salad ingredients and stir to blend.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To make the garlic butter: Just before serving, heat the butter and garlic in a small skillet over low heat and just until the garlic sizzles.
- Remove from the heat.
- Grill the halibut over Direct Medium heat until the fish is just opaque and slightly firm The touch, 10 to 12 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling times.
- Remove from the grill, brush fish lightly with the garlic butter, and serve with the cucumber salad on the side.
Makes 4 servings.