Spaghetti with Tuna and Fresh Vegetable Sauce
I invented this recipe one day during hurricane season when we had plenty of fresh veggies and lots of canned tuna. It has since become a family favorite. It works equally well with canned pink salmon.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- or 3 cloves garlic, minced
- and 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 green onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- or 1 yellow summer squash or zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes, with juice
- and 1 chili or jalapeno pepper, minced (optional)
- 2 cans tuna, well drained (or 1 large can red pink salmon, bones removed
- 48 ounces spaghetti sauce, Prego or other bottled sauce
- 1 pound thin spaghetti
- Saute onion in olive oil.
- Add garlic, celery, green onions, chili pepper and squash, green bell pepper and saute a few minutes longer.
- Add diced tomatoes, tuna, and prepared sauce, and heat through.
- Serve over spaghetti.