- 1 9-inch pie crust, pre-baked
- 10 sun-dried tomato halves
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Signature Spices Sicilian Pasta Seasoning, divided
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup minced green bell pepper
- and 1/4 cup quartered black olives
- or 1/4 cup roasted red pepper strips (1×1/4″)
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dashes freshly grated nutmeg
- Pour boiling water over the sun-dried tomato halves; soak 20 minutes. Drain and coarsely chop.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil and 1 teaspoon Sicilian Pasta Seasoning over medium-heat.
- Stir in onion and bell pepper; sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the soaked tomatoes, the olives and red pepper strips.
- Sprinkle the cheeses evenly over the bottom of the pie crust.
- Top the cheeses with the onion/pepper mixture, distributing evenly.
- Place the pie plate onto a baking sheet to prevent spills in oven.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs. Whisk in milk, salt, nutmeg and remaining teaspoon of Sicilian Pasta Seasoning. Pour into crust.
- Bake 50 minutes or until center is firm and top is golden grown. Remove from oven .
- Serve hot or at room temperature. Makes six servings.
- USE any of your favorite pizza toppings in place of the onion, bell pepper and black olives.