- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) margarine
- 1 glass cut shallots (around 4 vast)
- 2 tablespoons universally handy flour
- 3 tablespoons Madeira
- 1/3 glasses degreased braising fluid from Red Wine Brasato with Glazed Root Vegetables
- 4 mugs 3/4-inch 3D shapes meat saved from Red Wine Brasato with Glazed Root Vegetables
- 1/2 mugs coated vegetables saved from Red Wine Brasato with Glazed Root Vegetables
- 1 pound parsnips, stripped, quartered the long way, woody center remove
- 3/4 pound reddish brown potatoes, stripped, cut into 1-inch 3D shapes
- 1 tablespoon spread, room temperature
- 1/4 container overwhelming whipping cream, room temperature
- 2/3 container coarsely destroyed Gruyère cheddar (around 3 ounces), separated
Liquefy spread in a substantial skillet over medium warmth. Include shallots; sauté until starting to dark colored, around 6 minutes. Include flour; blend 1 minute. Include Madeira, at that point braising fluid. Race until blend thickens and bubbles around 3 minutes. Mix in meat and vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Cool marginally. Spread; chill. Rewarm over medium warmth.
Preheat stove to 375°F. Bubble parsnips and potatoes in medium pot of salted water until delicate, 12 minutes. Channel. Come back to pan. Cook over medium warmth until dry, around 1 minute. Include margarine and cream; pound until smooth. Mix in 1/3 glass cheddar. Season with salt and pepper.
Exchange filling to the 8x8x2-inch heating dish. Spread garnish over filling. Sprinkle remaining cheddar over. Heat until percolating and best starts to dark colored, around 30 minutes.