Sea Scallops With Corn Salad
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1/3 cup basil leaves, finely shredded
- 2 TB balsamic vinegar
- 2 TB hot water
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops (about 30)
- 1 TB Signature Spices Caribbean Rub
- Salt to taste
- salad greens, cleaned
- 6 bacon, fried until crisp.
- In a large bowl, add the corn, tomatoes, scallions, bacon and basil and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, hot water and mustard together, then slowly add the olive oil combined.
- Corn salad.
- Top the salad greens with this mixture.
- Pat scallops dry, brush with a little olive oil and season with salt and Signature Spices Caribbean Rub.
- Grill or quickly fry the scallops in a large pan until done (they will be opaque).
- Do not over cook.
- Top the salad with the scallops.