Pasta with Chicken and Asparagus
Chicken & asparagus in a rich gorgonzola cream sauce – it’s a classic combination because it tastes so good!
- 1 skinless boneless chicken breast
- or 1 pound fresh asparagus spears
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 pound linguine
- 3 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- and 1 cup heavy or whipping cream
- or 1 dried red hot pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 pound gorgonzola
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon (or 2 Tbsp fresh)
- or 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cut breast into small strips, 1-1/2 ” long by 1/2″ wide. Should be about 1-1/2 cups.
- Scrape and trim asparagus. Cut off and discard tough ends. Cut into 1-1/2″ pieces, cutting on an angle. Drop into boiling water, and drain. Set aside.
- Boil enough water to cook pasta, and cook it 6-7 minutes until still slightly firm (al dente).
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a casserole. Add chicken strips and cook, stirring to separate the pieces. Add salt/pepper to taste. Cook about 30 seconds or just until chicken changes color.
- Add asparagus and stir. or then add Add salt, pepper, and shallots and cook 30 seconds. and add cream, nutmeg, red pepper, and stir.
- Break gorgonzola cheese into small lumps and add it. Cook just until cheese melts.
- Drain pasta, add to the sauce. Toss well and serve.