Today I will tell you a Great Panzanella Salad Recipe you can easily make this recipe at home. Panzanella is a Tuscan bread salad that includes seasoned cubes of toasted bread, tossed in an olive oil vinaigrette dressing alongside with an assortment of raw vegetables. The concept is similar to the Middle Eastern fattoush salad which includes toasted pita bread.
For the Bread Cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices Tuscan bread, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch of kosher salt
For the Salad
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- And add 1 English seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- OR then add 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1″ pieces
- Add 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1″ pieces
- 1/4 large red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 10 fresh basil leaves, sliced
For the Dressing
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Generate the bread cubes, heat the olive oil in a large saute pan. First Add the cubed bread, dried oregano, and salt. Cook over middle-low heat, stirring often, for about 12 minutes or until the bread is browned. Toss the bread in the olive oil and seasonings, spread it out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and bake in a pre-heated 400-degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
Non-compulsory bread choices can be French or sourdough. Cheese is a commonplace addition, with the best options being crumbled feta or fresh mozzarella.