Montreal Smoked Meat
Today I will tell you a Great Montreal Smoked Meat Recipe you can easily make this recipe at home. I am going to discuss this recipe in detail. Read this article at the end and after that, you will able to make this recipe at home very easily.I like Montreal smoked meat recipe. In this blog, I will tell you all the main points of Montreal Smoked Meat. You can easily make this recipe in the home.
Montreal Smoked Meat Ingredients
- For the Cure
- 2 cup Kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons pink salt (aka InstaCure, Prague Powder)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- OR add 2 teaspoon ground bay leaf
- And add 2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 whole brisket, around 12-14 pounds
For the Rub
- 4 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- ADd 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoon garlic powder
- OR add 2 tablespoon onion powder
- And add 2 teaspoon dill weed
- Add 2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Or add 2 teaspoon celery seed
- And add 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
Montreal Smoked Meat Procedure
To make the cure mix together salt, pink salt, black pepper, coriander, sugar, bay leaf, and cloves in a small bowl. Coat brisket with the cure and place in resealable plastic bag. Place in the coldest part of the refrigerator and cure for 4 days, flipping brisket once a day.
Remove brisket from the bag and wash under cold running water. Place brisket in a large container and fill with water and let soak for 3 hours replacing the water every 30 minutes. Remove from water and dry with paper towels.
Grill 225 degrees, adding chunks of smoking wood when at temperature. When wood is producing smoke, place brisket in, fat side up.
Transfer brisket to large roasting pan. Place roasting pan over two burners on the stovetop and fill with 2 inches of water. Bring water to a boil over heat, reduce heat to medium, cover roasting pan with aluminum foil.
Transfer brisket to cutting board and cool. Slice and serve, preferably on rye with mustard and ketchup.
Montreal Smoked Meat Recipe Step by step with Photos