If you love raspberries as much as we do, this classic German torte is sure to please.
- 3/4 cup butter, sweet
- 7 ounces soft almond paste, tube
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 egg
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup seedless red raspberry jam
- And add 1/2 cup currant jelly
- pistachios, chopped
- Heat oven to 350. Cream butter, almond paste, and confectioners sugar until fluffy. Beat in cinnamon, then 1 egg at a time.
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- Reserve 1 cup of batter, and pour the rest into the prepared pan. Spread the top with raspberry jam.
- Put the reserved cup of batter in a pastry bag fitted with a # 2-star tube, and pipe it on the cake in a lattice (crisscross) pattern, about 5 strips in each direction.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 min. Remove from oven, cool on a cake rack. Remove when cool.