- 1 cup dry lentils
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 14 -ounce can peeled Italian-style tomatoes, cut up
- 1 cup peeled and chopped potato
- cup chopped carrot
- or cup chopped celery
- and cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil, crushed
- and 1 clove garlic, minced
- Dash pepper
Preparation: 10 min.
Cooking: 45 min.
- Rinse and drain lentils.
- In a large saucepan combine lentils, chicken broth, undrained tomatoes, potato, carrot, celery, onion, parsley, basil, garlic, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 50 to 60 minutes or till lentils and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.