- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons dillseed or caraway seed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- Nonstick spray coating
- In a small mixer bowl combine 1 cup of the flour and the yeast.
- In a small saucepan heat and stir cottage cheese, water, sugar, dillseed or caraway seed, and salt till warm (120° to 130°). Add to flour mixture along with egg.
- Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 40 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes.
- Add remaining flour; beat at low speed about 2 minutes or till nearly smooth.
- Cover batter and let rise in a warm place till double (about 45 minutes). Stir batter down with a wooden spoon. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Spray 12 muffin cups with nonstick spray coating. Spoon batter evenly into cups. Cover loosely with plastic wrap; let batter rise till nearly double (about 30 minutes).
- Bake in a 375° oven for 15 to 18 minutes or till golden. Serve warm.
- Makes 12 rolls (12 servings).
Preparation Time: 1¾ hrs.
Cooking Time: 15 min.