Dahi chicken is the top best recipes that you can try and I am sure you will love it due to the very unique taste and aroma of yogurt. The recipe is also famous as yogurt chicken and Dahi murgh.
You can Recipe a recipe to note down quick steps. Recipe language is Hindi/Urdu to facilitate local viewers. So let’s move to Hinz Kitchen and make this mouthwatering best Dahi chicken recipe. You can also share this recipe with your friends and family! Thanks
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 3 servings
- Chicken – 600 gms
- Yogurt – 1 Cup
- Salt – To Taste
- Red Chili powder – 1 Tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 Tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 Tsp
- Garam Masala Powder
- Black Salt – 1/2 Tsp
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
Whole Garam Masala
- Cumin Seeds: 1/2 Tsp
- Cloves – 5
- Green Cardamom – 5
- Onion sliced – 1 Medium size
- Grated Garlic – 3 Cloves
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garnish with green chilies, ginger, and fresh coriander.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add yogurt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, and black salt.
- Mix all the ingredients to make a very smooth paste.
- Now in a medium pan, add oil and heat it up.
- As oil heated, add whole garam masala (Cumin, cloves and green cardamom). Let it pop for a few 45-50 seconds.
- Now add sliced onion and saute on high heat until it gets a light pink color.
- The next step is to add grated garlic.
- Stir all the ingredients on high heat.
- At this point, add chicken and cook on high heat until it changes color.
- Now add yogurt mixture (Dahi masala) in the medium pan.
- Cook all the ingredients on high heat. It took 7 to 10 minutes.
- Now chicken and fresh yogurt will release water. (in case: chicken is dry then add 100 ml water).
- Cover the medium pan and cook for about 30-40 minutes on low medium heat.
- After 30-35 minutes, check the chicken. If there is some extra water then cook on high heat.
- As the oil float over the medium pan surface, the Dahi chicken will get ready.
- Garnish with julienne ginger, green chilies, and fresh yogurt.
- Serve with Roti or rice.
- In chicken curry recipes, Dahi chicken has an exclusive very unique taste. It’s very easy to prepare in the home kitchen. Try it!! and let us know your experience. Happy watching!!!