CREAMY CRAB AND PASTA CASSEROLES
- 3 ounces spinach noodles
- Crumb Topping
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup finely chopped green
- or sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- Several dashes bottled hot pepper sauce
- 12 ounces crabmeat, drained
- and cartilage removed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pimiento
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, prepare Crumb Topping. Set aside.
- In a 1-quart casserole combine celery, green pepper, green onions, and 1 tablespoon water. Cook, covered, on 100% power (high) for 3 minutes or till tender; drain.
- Stir together milk, flour, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, hot pepper sauce, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Stir into vegetables in casserole. Cook, uncovered, on high for 2 to 3 minutes or till thickened and bubbly, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in crabmeat and pimiento.
- Divide noodles among four 8- to 10-ounce casseroles. Layer crabmeat mixture and Crumb Topping atop noodles. Cook, uncovered, on high for 5 minutes or till bubbly, rearranging dishes after 3 minutes.
- Crumb Topping: In a small bowl stir together 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs, and 1 tablespoon margarine, melted.
- Serves 4.
Preparation. Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 10 min.