For the fruit
- 3 large peaches *
- 6 large plums
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 30 g butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- And then add 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- Add 2/3 cup gluten-free plain flour I used Orgran
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- And then add 1/4 cup flak almonds
- 60 g butter melt
InstructionsPreheat oven to 180 Degrees C (350F).
Lightly grease a baking dish.
Peel the peaches if desired. Cut in half, cart off the stone and cut into bite-size chunks.
cinnamon, vanilla extract, and maple syrup and stir through. Drizzle over the fruit and mix well.
Sprinkle evenly over the fruit and bake for 20-30 minutes until the fruit is tender and the upper best and crunchy.
- Whether or not to peel the peaches is optional. I peeled mine but they were perfectly ripe and the skin was easily detached with a knife. However, if your peaches are slightly firm the peel will not be easy to remove. If slightly under-ripe, use a sharp knife and mark the top of the peach with a cross. Bring a great pan of drink to a boil. Place the peaches in the boiling water for 15-20 seconds. Have ready a great bowl of iced water and immediately plunge the peaches into the water. When chilling enough to handle you will find the skin will be easily detached.
- For the great flavor, always use excellent quality vanilla. Imitation “vanilla” is not formed from a vanilla bean, it is synthetically made, containing artificial flavors and often unwanted additives.
- My baking dish was 28cmx18cm/11”x7 ½”