Today I will tell you a Great Chicken Nihari you can easily make this recipe at home. I am going to discuss Chicken Nihari Recipe in a step by step full detail. Read the article at the end and after that, you will able to make Chicken Nihari Recipe at home very easily.
I actually test this Chicken Nihari at home, you can,t believe that it is very delicious and tasty. Let,s go together and make this Chicken Nihari in your home. I am telling you all about Chicken Nihari full ingredients and Method. I am sure that Chicken Nihari increases your love with your family and relation.
- Chicken – 700 Gms
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 Tbsp
- Yogurt – 1 Cup
- Nihari Masala Powder – 2 Tbsp (How to make nihari masala)
- Bay leaves – 8
- Cinnamon – 6-6 3″
- Nutmeg – 1/2 piece
- Star Anise – 2
- Green Cardamom – 20
- Black pepper – 40
- Cloves – 25
- Dry Ginger – Saunth 6″ piece
Fennel Seeds – 1.5 Tbsp
- Coriander Seed – 3 Tsp
- Black Cumin – 1 Tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 2 Tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 2 Tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1.5 Tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 Tsp
- Water – 1/2 liter2
- Flour – 2 Tbsp
- Salt – To taste
- Onion Slices – 1 Medium size (For Tadka)
- Garnish with Julianne Ginger, Green Chilies and Lemon
- In a medium pan, add 2 Tbsp oil, Also, add 2 Tbsp ginger garlic paste. Cook on high temperature until oil floats on the surface.
- Now add, Chicken – 700 gms and cook at very high temperatures to make chicken juicy and chewy.
- Add yogurt – 1 Cup. Cook on high heat until it forms a gravy.
- In the meanwhile, add Nihari Masala Powder.
- Add 3 Tsp, nihari masala powder in curry.
- Again, stir masala on high heat.
- Add water – 1/2 liter. Mix well!!
- Cover for 35-40 minutes.
- Now in a medium bowl (wheat flour), a pinch of salt and water to make a thick solution.
- Now add this flour solution in Nihari. Make sure to add very-slowly and gradually by monitoring the thickness of the Nihari gravy.
- Stir constantly otherwise the gravy will show the lumpy texture.
- Now check salt. Adjust accordingly.
- Cover and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes on very low heat.
- In the meanwhile prepare tadka, In hot oil, add onion slices. Fry onion until it gets light golden brown color.
- Add tadka in curry and keep it on low heat for 10 – 15 minutes.
- As the oil floats over the medium pan the Nihari is ready to serve.
How to make Nihari Masala Powder
- To make nihari masala, take Bay leaves – 8, Cinnamon –6 inches, Nutmeg – 1/2 piece, Star Anise – 2, Green Cardamom – 20, Black pepper – 40, Cloves – 25, Dry Ginger – Saunth 6″ piece,Fennel Seeds – 1.5 Tbsp, Coriander Seed – 3 Tsp, Black Cumin – 1 Tsp, Cumin Seeds – 2 Tsp. Combine and add grind all ingredients to make a powder in grinder. Now in a separate medium bowl add Red Chili Powder – 2 Tsp, Turmeric Powder – 1.5 Tsp, Coriander Powder – 1 Tsp, Ground Garam Masala – 2 Tbsp. Mix well…