One of my favorite desserts. These cheesecake bars are rich and decadent.
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon – yellow part only!
- and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350. Grease an 8x8x2 baking pan with butter. Cream the butter & brown sugar together. Add flour and pecans, and mix well.
- Set aside 2 cup of this mixture for the topping. Press the remainder into the bottom of the baking pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes, and remove.
- Beat the sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Add the egg, cream, lemon juice, zest and vanilla. Beat well. Spread over the baked crust, and sprinkle the top with the reserved cup of topping.
- Return to the oven, bake for 25 minutes.
- Cut into diamond shapes prior to serving.