Broccoli with clam sauce is a typical Chinese side dish that will make an appetizing expansion to any feast. Besides, broccoli is one of the most beneficial vegetables to add to your eating regimen, and, by whitening it, you guarantee that the nutrients and minerals aren’t cooked away.
Not exclusively is this dish simple to set up, it’s staggeringly quick to cook. In the wake of a difficult day at work, nobody needs to invest hours in the kitchen.
This formula can be expanded effectively for a vast gathering or notwithstanding for pre-made snacks consistently. It may be difficult to persuade youngsters to eat their vegetables, yet a chomp of this delectable formula is certain to change any fastidious eater’s brain.
2 bunches of broccoli (about 1 ½ lb)
and 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce.
or 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
2 tablespoons of chicken broth.
1 teaspoon of cornstarch.
1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
½ teaspoon of sugar.
and ½ teaspoon of fresh garlic, minced.
then ½ teaspoon of fresh ginger, minced.
or ¼ teaspoon of white pepper.
- Cut 2 inch-long florets from the top of the broccoli.
- Put 2 cups of water to boil in a wok and use a Chinese bamboo steamer, or use a metal colander inside a larger stockpot that does not allow the water to touch the vegetables.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients for the gravy and set aside.
- Add the broccoli to the steamer when the water is boiling hard, and partially cover with a lid to allow steam to escape.
- Steam for 3 minutes until broccoli is tender-crisp.
- Remove the broccoli from the steamer and immerse it in ice water for a few seconds.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Heat the gravy to a boil in the wok and spoon over the broccoli.