Best Cheeseburger Pizza
Best cheeseburger pizza
few food marriages are a match made in heaven: they were just meant to be. Like cake ice cream, or cronuts, or French onion soup grilled cheese.
“How could this possibly be too good? Pickles on pizza?!” The first means too changed my mind. It was soo astound how much it actually tasted like a real cheeseburger! It fastly became one of my favorite and lovely pizza flavors.Let me show you the very simple steps to make it for yourself!
First of all you’ll want to get your pizza dough going. I used a thin-crust recipe, but if you like a thicker crust, go with that!
While the dough is also rising, fry some ground beef with onions. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Light Cook a few slices of bacon as well.
About 25-30 minutes before the dough is done rising, preheat your oven to 450ºF. Put a pizza stone in to preheat.Once the dough has doubled, it’s time to get busy!
I like to roll my dough out on a piece of parchment paper—it makes it too much easier to transfer the pizza to the stone in the oven. I’ve had my fair like and share of pizza spills. Just Not fun.
Next, I use to spread some butter all over the crust, right out to the edge. This accomplishes two things: it acts a bit of a barrier so the sauce doesn’t make the crust soggy, and it adds awesome flavor. That’s what I’m going to do next time if I remember.
Now, squirt ketchup all the crust and spread it out with the back of a spoon. Because cheeseburgers and ketchup belong together.
Add cheddar cheese. LOTS of cheddar cheese.
Sprinkle the ground beef mixture on top.
Add 2-3 slices of torn or chopped bacon.
Now the best part: pickles! what makes this pizza super taste like a cheeseburger. I like to use the pre-sliced ones, but you can always slice up whole ones if that’s all you have on hand.
Drizzle some mustard on top …And finish it off with an extra of ketchup.
I find it’s very easy to put the pizza on a wooden cutting board or pizza peel before attempting the big transfer.
Bake for about 8–10 minutes, or until the crust is dark golden brown all the way across the bottom and the cheese is melty.
Allow cool a bit, then slice it up using your pizza cutting tool. I like to use a big knife.
You guys, you have some idea how difficult it was to take these photos. It smelled fabulous. I was in agony. I think this is the best and lovely pizza I’ve ever made.
Notes and Tips
- I think that freshly grated cheese is better than the pre-shredded bags you buy at the store. It just melts better in my opinion. You can quickly shred a lot of cheese using a processor.
- I like my pizza crust on the sweet side, so I add some bit of extra sugar to the dough recipe.It helps to balance out the salty bacon.
- Don’t cook your bacon too big because it cooks longer in the oven. Unless you like your bacon super crispy! What do you use to cut your pizza? Scissors? A knife? A pizza wheel? Ulu? Let me know in the comments!
PREP TIME:2 Hours
DIFFICULTY: Very Easy
COOK TIME:8 Minutes
- 1 whole Pizza Dough (for A 10-inch Crust)
3 ounces, weight Ground Beef
1/8 Onion, Finely Diced
Salt And Pepper, to taste
3 slices Bacon
2 Tablespoons Butter Or Bacon Grease
1/4 teaspoon Ketchup, Plus Extra For Drizzling
2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/2 cup Sliced Kosher Dill Pickles
Mustard, As Needed
- While your pizza dough is rising, begin prepping your all ingredients. Cook the ground beef with onion in a skillet over medium heat until no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper.
- 20-25 minutes before the dough is done rising, preheat your oven to 450º. Place pizza stone in the oven to preheat.
- Roll the dough out on a sheet of parchment paper to a 10-12inch circle. Spread the butter the dough, right out to the edge. Spread the ketchup over the dough for your favorite sauce. Sprinkle with the cheese, ground beef, and pickles. Drizzle with mustard and ketchup.
- Bake in preheated oven on a preheated stone for about 10-15 minutes, or until the bottom of the crust is golden brown all the way across and the cheese is melted. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few 10-15 minutes before slicing.