Apricot Filling and Frosting for Angel Food Cakes
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped apricots
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup thick cream, whipped
1: Soften gelatin in water. Heat apricots, and blend into gelatin. Add lemon juice, sugar, and salt. Chill until slightly thickened, and then whip until frothy. Fold in whipped cream.
2: Split cake into 2 or 3 layers. Fill between layers, and frost side and top. Chill overnight.