- 1 lb Fresh Mozzarella Cheese,
- cut into 16 cubes
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 2 medium yellow or red peppers,
- roasted, cut into 16 small squares
- 16 small cherry tomatoes
- 16 small wooden skewers
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 2 TB Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Signature Spices Herbes de Provence
- Create a vinaigrette by combining the olive oil, vinegar and Signature Spices Herbes de Provence in a small bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Arrange whole bell peppers or large chile peppers on foil-lined baking sheet. Place under broiler 2 to 4 inches from heat source.
- Use kitchen tongs to turn peppers as skin becomes blackened.
- Continue rotating peppers until skin is entirely blackened.
- Using tongs, put blackened peppers in a paper bag; close bag.
- Keep peppers in bag until cooled completely, about 20 minutes.
- Remove peppers from bag. Peel awayblackened skin using a small knife discard skin.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise discard seeds, using knife edge.
- Then, use roasted peppers as directed in recipe.
- Insert one cheese cube, basil leaf, pepper square and tomato onto each skewer place in small shallow dish.
- Pour dressing over skewers. Let stand 20 minutes to marinate, turning occasionally.
- Remove skewers from marinade just before serving. Discard marinade.