Amaretto Cheesecake II
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- and 1 tablespoon orange extract
- 5 – 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- or 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 2 ounces Amaretto liqueur
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 1/2 cups crushed macaroons
- 2/3 cup melted butter or margarine
1: In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, corn starch, sour cream, 1/2 cup melted butter, extracts, lemon juice, sugar, and liqueur. Beat eggs until a uniform consistancy is achieved; do not overbeat. Mix beaten eggs into the cream cheese mixture.
2: To make crust: Combine macaroons and 2/3 cup melted butter. Blend thoroughly. Place most of the crust mixture in a greased 9 inch springform pan. Pour cheese mixture over crust, and then sprinkle some crust mixture on top of batter.
3 : Place springform pan in a roasting pan full of water, and set it in the oven. Bake at 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) for 1 hour. After cake is done, let it set for 2 hours.
4 : Reverse cheesecake so that the bottom becomes the top.