Addictive Sweet Potato Burritos
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups cooked kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- pinch cayenne
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 12 (10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese, omit for vegan burritos
1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degre C).
2: Heat oil in a medium skillet. Saute onion and garlic until soft. Add the beans and mash.
3: Gradually stir in the water and heat until warm. Remove from the heat and stir in the chili powder, cumin, mustard, cayenne pepper and soy sauce.
4 : Divide bean mixture and mashed sweet potatoes evenly between the warm flour tortillas. Top with cheese. Fold up tortillas burrito style. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 14 minutes.